The Play Store is an excellent resource of Android apps which can improve your mobile experience. It gives access to Android users to its massive collection of apps such as Facebook, Twitter and top games such as Clash of Clans and Pokemon Go.
But sometimes, Google Play isn’t fair at all. It is true that downloading an app in an easy and secure way is thru Play Store. But what if Google suddenly pulls an app from its database?
Sure thing, Google usually have good reasons behind this. The most common of which is by violating their policies. Removing apps from Play Store doesn’t lost our hope to install that particular app. Yes you’re right, we can still install apps outside of Google Play Store.
Here’s how you can do it:
Install apps outside of Google Play
- First off, you need at least Android version 4.0 or higher to do this(Anyway, smartphone nowadays has Android version 4.0 and higher)
- Go to Settings then head over to Security.
- Check Unknown sources. By enabling this option allows you to install third party apps not in Google Play Store
- Check also Verify apps. By checking this options allows you to be warned before installing harmful third party apps.
- Once the process is done, the next thing to do is to download apps in .apk format. For instance, download Seven AdClear using your browser. AdClear is a powerful adblocker for non-root users.
- It is to be noted that Seven AdClear is for all Android users while AdClear Ad blocker for Samsung(the one that you found in Play Store) is for users using Samsung Internet browser.
- After you download the app, go to Downloads folder and click it to install.
- From there, the process is self-explanatory and the app will install itself on your phone.
If you download the apk file using your PC, the process is slightly different. You need to send the file from PC to your Android phone by connecting your device to your computer using USB cable or you can send it wirelessly through ES File Explorer.
For example, if you download one of the Best Android Running Apps for New and Experienced Runners (Read more from this article) from Amazon, you need to transfer the apk file from PC to your phone.
All done. Remember to download only apps from trusted sites and developers and always make sure what you’re installing as there as many viruses you can get from scammers.