Most laptop today comes with a built-in webcam but some have no cam at all. Even if you have one, the quality of the built-in camera is not so good.
So you’ve ended buying a $40 HD camera on Amazon.
But what if I tell you that you can take advantage of your Android phone’s camera and use it as webcam for PC?
You can save a few bucks for that.
A quick research on Google Play Store throws a lot of apps that you can use and connect you Android phone as a webcam.
We have tested a lot of them and our winner is the DroidCam Wireless Webcam App. With this app, you can turn your device into a working webcam for PC for free.
Using this app is free and contains ads but you can opt to remove the ads and use HD streaming for just $4-5 subscription, one time payment.
It has a simple interface and it’s easy to set-up. Just follow my guide below on how to turn and use your Android Phone as webcam for PC.
How to use your Android Phone as webcam for PC’
- First of all download and install DroidCam Wireless Webcam app from Play Store.
- After installing, you will get the WiFi IP and the DroidCam Port to be use for the DroidCam client for your PC. Take note of that for now.
- Now you view the camera by typing the Browser IP Cam Access on your favorite browser.
- If you want to use this as your webcam for Skype Video Call, follow below.
- Install DroidCam Client for Windows.
- Input the WiFi IP that we have noted on step 2. Then click “Start“.
- On your Skype app, go to Settings. The one with the 3 horizontal dots
- Click Audio and Video, then select your webcam source. Choose DroidCam Source then your done.
NOTE: This will not work on Skype built-in app for Windows 10. It will not let you choose DroidCam as your webcam source. You need to install the other Skype App for this.