We all know that Facebook is the biggest social site in the world and for the past years, it becomes us to more socialized. Admit it, nowadays we can’t live a day without checking our Facebook profiles. It gives us the tools to interact and engage with our love ones, family and friends. One of it was the Facebook Events.
Facebook Events is like an online or virtual invitation which let’s you broadcast an upcoming occasion. But Events is just not broadcasting an upcoming occasion. Remember it is a calendar base and thus, lets us sync all of the information on it to Google Calendar whether it is an invitation, birthdays or Holidays. So for this article, we will teach you on how to sync Facebook events to Google Calendar.
Sync Facebook events to Google Calendar 2017 Edition
- On your PC – Go to your Facebook home page. On your left side bar, click ‘Events‘.
- Scroll down below and on your right side bar, right click:
- Upcoming Events – if you want to be notified by events
- Birthday – to sync your Facebook friends birthday to Google Calendar
- Click ‘Copy Link Address‘
- Go to Google Calendar. On the lower right side bar on ‘Other Calendar‘, click the arrow pointing down and click ‘Add by URL‘
- Paste the URL you have just copied from step 2 and 3 then click ‘Add Calendar‘
- On your Mobile Phone, go to your Phone Sync Settings. Uncheck and Check the Calendar to re-sync settings.
- Open your Google Calendar App. Click the menu on the top right corner then click ‘Refresh‘. If it’s still unable to sync, go to step 8.
- Click the menu on the top left corner and go to Settings. Click ‘Show more‘ and click ‘Friends Birthday‘.
- Tap the switch to sync your Facebook friends birthday or Events.
- Wait for a few seconds and viola. You have now successfully sync your Facebook Events to Google Calendar.
Lot of my readers have issues regarding the “Upcoming Events“. I tried to experiment this, and this is how to show it:
NOTES: It is NOT necessary to click either “Going“, “Maybe” or “Can’t Go” in your Facebook Events. You just leave it as is.
- On your PC, follow the steps 1-5 above BUT THIS TIME, choose Upcoming Events on Facebook.
- After you follow the steps and you add the link from Facebook to google calendar, click the link you have added to show it on your calendar.(It must have a color, NOT white. See screenshots below)
- This time it should appear in your calendar with yellow color in it.(I mean, it depends on what color you choose. In my case it is Yellow)
- Pick up your phone, and open Google Calendar App. Go to Settings > Choose your Events(in my case, its Ronald Allan Pedrigal’s Facebook Events. The Yellow one) > Click SYNC then go back to calendar then viola!! Facebook Upcoming Events is successfully sync to Google Calendar.
Some of my readers are confused on what link should be copy in step 3 above. This is also the fix for the error “The address that you provided did not contain a calendar in a valid iCal or GData format.” So here it is. (Click to zoom if necessary)
I hope this tutorial helps you. Feel free to comment! Thanks. Also please RATE this article 🙂
Photo Credits to Andy Chan – Flickr