By far, AdFree is the best adblocker for Android when you are rooted. It blocks almost ads from web, apps and games. I used adfree for years now and I am satisfy with the way it blocks the ads. AdFree works by modifying your device hosts file. It maps the ad domain to an IP address that is not reachable, so in return, it is not being display.
However, some users say that they are getting an error “Unable to locate a partition to remount to write the hosts file to“. This is because AdFree is not getting any root permission from your device. So in this article we will teach you on how to fix AdFree error “Unable to locate a partition to remount to write the hosts file to”.
Fix AdFree error – Unable to locate a partition
- Check if your phone is rooted – Download and install Root Checker.
- Verify your Android phone for root permission. If no root access, proceed to next step. Else stop and check AdFree for errors.
- Download and install iRoot to root your phone. (iRoot – roots almost major Android devices in one click)
- Root your phone using iRoot then check again for root access using Root Checker.
- Check AdFree is there is an error.
Congratulations. You now have Fixed AdFree error “Unable to locate a partition to remount to write the hosts file to”. If you need any assistance, just comment below. Don’t be shy! 🙂