Whenever I’m searching for something, I always prefer to convert webpage and save it as PDF file. Whether it is a guide for some android tricks, a recipe for my dinner or something that I want to read again and again. It will not only capture a snapshot of the web but it will save the whole page for offline viewing. We are always not connected to the internet, that’s why the Google Chrome and Firefox built it for as.
This requires that you have Android Kitkat version 4.4.
The Google Chrome on Android Kitkat version 4.4 has a built in virtual printer that saves web page to pdf. If your device is not yet updated to version 4.4, you can read this article for alternatives.
How to save or convert webpage into pdf for offline viewing in android without add-on?
1. Using Google Chrome Browser
- On your Android device, open Google Chrome browser and visit any web site your interested to.
- If your ready to save a webpage from your favorite web site, click the preference button on the upper right corner of the browser.
- Click “Print…” on the options.
- You will have 2 options: 1. Save to Google Drive(if you enable Google Cloud Print) and 2. Save as PDF. Choose “Save as PDF” to convert the webpage into pdf.
- Way to go. Just click “Save”. Your newly save pdf will be on the Downloads Folder.
Go to Downloads Folder and just open it with your pdf viewer.
2. Using Firefox Browser
Did you know that you can also save or convert webpage into pdf without any add-on using Mozilla Firefox Browser? Yes indeed. The Firefox app gives you the ability to save webpage into pdf for offline reading just like the Google Chrome Browser. Follow the guide below:
- Open Firefox and visit your favorite website. If your ready to save a webpage into pdf, just click the preference menu in the upper right corner.
- Click the “Page” option in the menu.
- Then click “Save as PDF”. Your file will be save on Downloads folder.
Go to Downloads folder and open the file with your pdf viewer.
Thank you for reading this article!