Changing your Android’s device name in Google Play Store is easy. Here’s how you can change your device’s ugly name.
One of its advantage is that you can download apps and games as well as manage your purchases straight from your web browser.
For example, if you download an app from the web and click install, all of your compatible Android device will be shown.
However, when you do this, some of your Android device name can be ‘ugly’.
For instance, default names such as “SM-G930A” and “K012” or any other technical descriptions seems to be unprofessional and awful.
To give your phone a more understandable name in Google Play Store, follow the steps below:
Change your device name in the Google Play Store
- Head over to Google Play Store and click Settings.
- You will see the list of your Android device connected to that account.
- Now click EDIT on the device that you want to change the name.
- You can type whatever you want in the Nickname field.
- Once you’ve done, just click Update
- Now try to search for an app or games you want to install.
- Tap install and you will see the list of compatible devices which can run the app.
- Now, your device name is more understandable than before.
Changing your device name is important so that you can easily identify which device to choose from when installing an app or game. This process can also be repeated and you can change your device name in Google Play Store again and again. How’s this process goes to you?