Did you know that you can back up SMS and call logs to Google Drive automatically even while your sleeping?
Yes, you hear it right. And the best part of it? It’s 100% free.
We covered this before by using GMAIL to backup SMS, MMS and call logs but in this article, we will teach you an easier way to do this kind of stuff.
We’ll use an app called SMS Backup & Restore.
To set it up on how to automatically back up SMS and call logs to Google Drive, follow the step by step guide below
Back Up SMS and Call Logs to Google Drive Automatically
- Open Play Store and install SMS Backup & Restore
- Inside the app, click “SET UP A BACKUP“. Now we will set up Google Drive as our back up destination. Toggle Google Drive.
- Login with your Gmail account then click “My Drive“. Click the
- Test your settings. If there were no problems, it will prompt you that the test file was successfully uploaded. Continue the set up then choose “Run scheduled backups at the exact time“. This will wake your phone from Doze mode (if you have) and may increase battery usage. We recommend turning this ON despite that.
- When you’re done, just click “Back up now” and wait to finish it. Now go to Google Drive and check it.
Now that you have set up back SMS and call logs to Google Drive automatically, it will run in the background based on your settings.
For me, I set it up on weekly basis every 5:00 AM in the morning when I’m not using the phone and when I woke up, it backs up automatically.
I don’t have to worry when my phone crashes or anything. I can just easily restore it even when I changed phones.
Do you also use this app to backup your SMS and call logs? Let me know in the comment section below.