Do you want to add custom notification sound on Facebook Messenger App on Android? Do you want to change the default notification of any messenger app? Are you getting bored with Facebook Messenger default notification sound?
Well, whatever is your reason, we are here to help you. In this short tutorial we will add custom notification sound on Facebook Messenger App and change it whatever you like.
Just follow the simple steps below on how you can do the same.
Add custom notification sound on Facebook Messenger App
- Please take note that you can do this also on any Messenger App like WhatsApp, Viber, Google Hangouts, etc.
- In this example, we will change the default notification of Facebook Messenger to Original Hangouts SMS tone.
- Download the Original Hangouts SMS tone here.
- Copy the Hangouts SMS tone to you Internal Storage > Notifications folder or to Internal Storage > Media > Audio > Notifications
- Either of this two, it will work the same.
- Now open up your Facebook Messenger then click your profile picture on the upper left corner
- Tap “Notifications & Sounds” then click “Notification sound“
- As you can see by default, the notification sound is set to “Messenger” tone.
- To change it, tap the “Notification sound” settings and look for “Original (Hangouts Sms Tone)” and press OK.
- After that, you will now see the notification sound set to Hangouts SMS tone.
How’s this process goes to you?
Let me know your comments below.